Taking a break from general testing

for everything else

Taking a break from general testing

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi,

i did a lot of testing the last couple of weeks and i hope most interesting games from the past have been covered by the fixes now.Did nearly reached the end of my todo list,which means,i am taking a break from general testing
(downloading all sorts of demos to test Win2k compatibility).There are still a few demos i need to test and those fixes will be posted within the next hours.

If you need any help with getting games or applications to run,post game,application errors in the Troubleshooting or Application section and whenever possible upload a profiled Dependency Walker DWI log so we can take a fast look and quickly help with the fix.

All informations how to post and create DWI Dependency Walker logs and where to download tools and how to use them can be found in the Info & Tools section.

How to check compatibility:
Install the game or application and run the main executable in Dependency Walker and start the profile mode to see which procedures and functions are missing.Then save the DWI and upload it.

Enjoy gaming on Win2k!
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

Re: Taking a break from general testing

PostPosted by DosFreak » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Good work!

I take the slow and steady approach myself. ;)

Hoping to finish up all of my images this month which will be used for all compatibility testing in the future.

Then I can restore them to VM's and use snapshots and software virtualization as well for testing.
DosFreak

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks DosFreak :D

Testing is fun but also quite time consuming when downloading 1-2GB demos but like Dr.House likes to say,i like puzzling,too.Sadly i was not able to track down demos,updates or test these games though:
Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Street Fighter IV

and some games and demos still need to get tested on SSE2 chipsets:
Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo and MotoGP 08 second i'm quite sure Gears of War will work with my posted Xlive v2.0 fix now.So if anyone has this game and likes to check on it again,that would indeed be welcome.

Will post a Quick Fix Guide in the Tools & Info section later tonight.

kind regards
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by Arkan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Thank you for your hard work and especially for the Quick Fix Guide. It's so much easier than fumbling around the solution trying to get the correct missing exports with only the error messages.

Enjoy your well deserved break.
Arkan

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks.

I just added some exceptions to the Quick Fix Guide which not need to be fixed in general.

BR
OldBoy2k

Return to Offtopic