League of Legends (solved)

Having trouble playing a game, post here

Re: League of Legends (solved)

PostPosted by Goragg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 am

After applying the hotfixes and making a new copy of kernel32_org.dll the launcher launches! then the patcher shows for a few seconds, gives to script errors and crashes out with an unknown error. I am guessing this is an internet explorer thing since I believe the launcher uses that. I currently have IE 5, not sure what version I should(or even can) install.

I will keep updating incase anyone else comes across the same problems.
Goragg

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:57 am

Please follow the Dependency Walker guide in my signature,profile the game with part 1+2 and upload the DWI log.

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by Goragg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 am

Confirmed, installing IE 6 eliminated the script errors in the patcher, game is patching now.

I look forward to getting involved in this site. I LOVED win2k pro, it was the first OS i ever bought and i was so sad when I had to upgrade to xp to play my new games. I had alot of fun figuring out exactly what I had to do to get this to work, all the steps along the way that revealed new problems and new solutions. All said and done it took 19 installers to finally reach the goal, surprising since really only 3 were required...just they each required others to be installed first. Very fun puzzle.

Patching is complete, client is loaded. thank you everyone who is involved in this excellent web resource.
Goragg

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:30 am

Glad it worked out for you :D.Today's web embedded Client-RPG games often require a lot more stuff and tweaks along the side to get 'em working.Fixing standalone retail games is often much easier.

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting