Anouncement: Creation of subforums

for everything else

Anouncement: Creation of subforums

PostPosted by JH2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:34 am

Really, if want me to continue translating, it's really needed. As I advance in the translation it's more clear that if there isn't a subforum to have a quicklook to your language, it will get all mixed up.

And if you make me a mod of that fourm, better, I won't bother you continuously.
JH2k

Re: Create de subforums

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:43 am

Thankyou for your support and ideas.The idea behind translating or writing a Wrapper installation guide in more languages was to help with a quick installation.More subforums for different languages will result in unstructured information because people will post fixes or discuss problems in the subforms in different languages and important information may not be accessable to all readers.The decision is made to keep the forum english but of course people can still post in their native language whenever its really necessary.

BR
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by JH2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:04 am

OldBoy2k wrote:What do you mean?The headline entitles "create subforums" and you post "if there isn't a subforum".

BR

What do you understand? or what can't you understand? :S . As I told you in the PM it would be better to create a subforum with the translated topics.

Again, if there is not such subforum it will get all mixed up and will be worst to find the information.
JH2k

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:14 am

There's no need to translate more of the forum posts.Just some installtion guides will do the purpose here.I will merge the installation guides and they will be made easily viewable and accessable.

BR
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by JH2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:19 am

I don't think is the best option.

I think I will have to create a topic just to collect all direct link in one place :/ And then you shoud have to left it sticky.
JH2k

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 am

JH2k wrote:I don't think is the best option.

Its the best way to keep all information accessable to most readers out there.

I think I will have to create a topic just to collect all direct link in one place :/ And then you shoud have to left it sticky.
Will do my best :).I'll split the Warranty and Disclaimer post of yours so you have a starting thread.

BR
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by JH2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am

OldBoy2k wrote:
JH2k wrote:I don't think is the best option.

Its the best way to keep all information accessable to most readers out there.

O_o

I think you didn't get the idea I left you about the Tineye Forum. One of the lots of examples out there:

Let's do a sketch:

Tools & Info
The wrapper, tools, and info you need to get games working.
Subforums: Spanish French German Japanese

Each subforum containing their translated topics. Isn't that accessible? O_o If you ask me, better. You have a look to the Board index and there you have your language :-O "Great!"

Well, I don't know, it's just my idea. If it is bad, ok nothing more to add.
JH2k

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 am

OldCigarette has currently not enough time to re-structure the forum i'm afraid.What i can offer you is to link your block post in the Wrapper FAQ for quick access.

For example:
1st post: Forum disclaimer
2nd post: Wrapper installation guide or installation instructions in your own words
3rd post: some tools and infos you like to add etc.

So we end up having one thread in one language with lets say 8-10 posts.

Please: I respect and kinda like your ideas but it ain't that simple as you think.Most of posts are crosslinked and needed to be revisited and relinked.I don't have the time to do it and i don't see a point of importance doing this too.Don't think this decision is to overrule your ideas but you have to understand that those translations should only help understanding how to set up the wrapper and how to use the most important tools.

BR
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by JH2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:08 am

Ok, I see, maybe you have very little experience administrating forums, but there is no need of restructuring all.

Let's leave this as is because we don't go anywhere.

Do this:

Sticky and announced this one:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=540

And editable, or make me a mod to be able to.
JH2k

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 am

JH2k wrote:Sticky and announced this one:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=540
And editable.

Done.

Excellent job JH2k.Thankyou.

BR
OldBoy2k

Re: Anouncement: Creation of subforums

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 am

Hi,

we now have two new subforums for our spanish and german readers.These subforums deal for informational purpose only!

best regards
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by JH2k » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:58 pm

That was exactly my point. Have a place for just information purposes and easy to find for non-english speakers.

Thanks.
JH2k

PostPosted by Arkan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:34 pm

I can make a french translation btw, but it will have to wait a bit. My schedule is full until June.
Arkan

Return to Offtopic