World of Tanks, anyone wanna take a stab at this?

Having trouble playing a game, post here

World of Tanks, anyone wanna take a stab at this?

PostPosted by city hunter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:37 am

First off it is a closed beta but you cang et a keye at the following link.

free invite key
http://www.freemmogamer.com/2010/09/wor ... t-key.html

Here is the site. You can get registered with the beta key. Use it as your invite code. Download off the torrents as they are much faster.

These seem to be the requirements.
DirectX:
Web-installer of DirectX libraries (Updater)
http://www.microsoft.com;
Full Version
DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

.NET Framework:
"Smart" Installer, downloads only what needed;
Full Installer;
.NET is pre-installed on Windows 7.

Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package:

On my inital install I am getting a direct x error, but I assume this is because they are trying to run the june 10 runtime, which found out and already fixed thanks to this forum.

After that the program launcher opens up and I get an update error, which may be normal, but maybe not. Here is a picture.

So I install the second update. Seems to be the same.

Then the third, I get this. I assume this is where some xp issues start arrising. I

Here is what Dependency walker shows with the wotlauncher.exe

This is where I am at right now, I need tor ead through these wrapper guides better because I dont quite understand how it works yet. I appreciate any help you guys might have to offer.

Shaun

I almost forgot, here is the dwi of wotlauncher.exe
http://www.nwstarquest.com/wotlauncher.dwi
city hunter

Re: World of Tanks, anyone wanna take a stab at this?

PostPosted by city hunter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:10 am

Well, that didnt take long. Old cigarettes wrapper seemed to work great.

I'm not sure if you need it or not, but I have 3.51 net framework installed, and june 10th dx installed.

Follow the install guide for the old cigs wrapper, then paste the cig files into the folder and kazaaam. I love this forum! Thanks for all the hard work on the apps guys.
city hunter

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:57 am

Hiya City Hunter,

welcome to the forum :) and thanks for the great feedback and your support.I checked the wotlauncher.dwi and there's so far one missing export in Kernel.

Missing Exports:
Kernel32.dll - GetProcessId

Could you also profile the main game?Would like to check on stability issues.

It would be welcome if you'd write a installation guide of the game in the backporting section.Ohh and there's actual interest in how to get Dx9-june installed: Attempting install DirectX from June 2010 pack

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by city hunter » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:54 am

oldboy I just used blackwingcats 2010 release file. I found it at the bottom of the direct x thread in one of these forums, cant remember now.

I havent had a single issue playing the game, other than the launcher stopped doing anything after the first use, but you just open wot.exe and the game loads right up. Not a single bug or crash. I ran on max settings playing online for oo.. 7 hours on and off last night. I'll try n write up a guide tonight or tomorrow.

Here is blackwing cats fix for the dx runtime I used.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/ar ... 70817.html
city hunter

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 am

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.Could you please run Dependency Walker and profile wot.exe.See my signature for the guide and follow part.1 and part.2.Thanks!

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by city hunter » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:44 am

A little update. Artillery mode doesnt seem to work, and they just released a new patch. Now I:m getting an error again. Sigh, wtf did they do now..-_-
city hunter

PostPosted by city hunter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:08 am

an update to this. I've been using the fcwin2k.exe with the worldoftanks.exe and setting it for xp emulation then run compatability mode and it works fine. Ever since they patched for keyboard mapping I have also been able to remap the keyboard to work with artillery.

The game is in open beta and is suppose to be going public by the end fo the first quarter.
city hunter

Return to Troubleshooting