Small question 'bout OCWrapper

for everything else

Small question 'bout OCWrapper

PostPosted by HappyW2kUser » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Welcome back, myself

Does OCWrapper functionality provided by option versionFaking=include and [version_module_list] section of win2k_xp_kernel32.ini extends to .sys modules (not only .exe and .dll)? I'd like to try some certain XP driver under 2000, but Dependency Walker shows missing export functions InterlockedPopEntrySList and InterlockedPushEntrySList.
HappyW2kUser

Re: Small question 'bout OCWrapper

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:30 am

Hi, yes the wrapper also works for sys driver files and both APIs are supported.But be careful not to copy the wrapper files to system32 root directory with the one exception when you do a KDW full installation and implementation.You need to find a way to fix the drivers outside the system32 root or replace/remove the calls with a Hexeditor.

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by HappyW2kUser » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Unfortunately, XP driver didn't worked even on the level of 2000 driver. It was udfs.sys.

Please clarify for me one nuance. With versionFaking=include faking is applied to all listed modules in addition to all modules located in folder? Can faking be done only to specified modules? Something like versionFaking=only and [version_module_list] containing Application.exe=1, and then only Application.exe in folder is cheated by OCWrapper? I'm bit lost in explanations given by readme.txt.
HappyW2kUser

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi,

yeah this versionFaking=only works how =include works.

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

Return to Offtopic