Devices don't show up

for everything else

Devices don't show up

PostPosted by Falcon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi, I have a problem.
I don't know any other forum that could help me an since you guys know so much, I thought you might be able to help me. Anyway here's the problem: Whenever I connect a USB stick to my NetBook, I can't access it. I mean when I use Windows Explorer or go to My Computer, it doesn't show up. I can see my HDD and everything, just not the USB Stick. This also happens when I connect an external DVD drive. The Computer reconizes the Stick. When I want to safely remove the stick, it shows up that's it's there. I just can't access it. This might be because I accidentally deleted some files wich may have been important (as I wanted to clean up my disk). Can anyone help? :cry:
Falcon

Re: Devices don't show up

PostPosted by adun » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Try to repair your windows 2000 using the install CD with the repair function.

Or try to installt your USB device using the hardwaremanager and search for a driver-disk or cd

If that doesn't help you have to reinstall windows 2000.

Note: Never try to celan up your windows folder at your own. Us a programm like ccelaner or something similar

Best regards

adun
adun

Re: Devices don't show up

PostPosted by Falcon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Sorry for not mentioning, but I have Windows XP on my Netbook. I installed a app, that creates a shortcut to the USB stick, whenever it is plugged in. It appears on the Desktop and disapears when device is unplugged again. When I tried it, the shortcut was created BUT when I clicked it, nothing happened! So it must be a driver issue or something or some missing program that allows to access anything that is plugged into the PC. Do you know wich program this might be?
Falcon

Return to Offtopic