Achtung! Win2kGaming Blacklisted on iPower!

for everything else

Achtung! Win2kGaming Blacklisted on iPower!

PostPosted by antoninus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 pm

I thought you'd get a kick out of this: I sent my son an email today @hotmail and it bounced twice.
I didn't really look at the reason until the second bounce and then saw it was because I included a link to this site:
Code: Select all
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host bosimpout-pool.eigbox.net [10.20.55.1]: 552 5.2.0 10.20.18.4 URL in message blacklisted. See
www.surbl.org

Had to do: w2kgaming(dot)site90(dot)com to get around it.
I guess the next step is send everything in base-64 to get around the scans.

Now, I do my personal email through the website I got from ipower, and they have it farmed out to a third-party (eigbox.net), so just to let you know, it looks like eigbox is the one doing the bouncing and they have you on their list should you want to follow-up. Everybody using ipower email goes through eigbox.

I think you ought to sue'em for defamation, liable, slander and possibly some other stuff. I'll sue'em for 1st and 4th amendment infractions against free speech and breach of contract for willful non-delivery of text, maybe involve EFF...ya think? :wink:
antoninus

Re: Achtung! Win2kGaming Blacklisted on iPower!

PostPosted by justjohnny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:14 pm

It is possible that *.site90.com is blacklisted. As win2kgaming is a subdomain of site90 and so would be included in that block.
justjohnny

PostPosted by antoninus » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah, I looked into it a little, seems site90 has been blacklisted since May of 2008. You'd think 00webhost would see about getting it delisted in all that time.

But regardless of that, what gets me is that the mere inclusion of the link in the body of an email prompted a bounce from my host, I -pay- these guys for hosting and email, been with them for 6 years, I should get to send anything I want, anytime I want as long as i don't bust their bandwidth or bring complaints down on their head.

Usually, blists are to keep spam from coming 'in' to client inboxes, this is the first time in over 15 years I've had a bounce to keep mail from going 'out' based on the contents of the message body, just rubs me the wrong way, I guess.

Anyway, sorry about posting in the wrong area, saw the word 'trouble' and just went for it.
antoninus

PostPosted by JH2k » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Another reason to use PGP or GnuPG. All my personal mails are encrypted. Until someday they decide PGP word might be blacklisted... it's safer to mailing, but more to keep secret on communications.

Remember you are not sending closed letters through internet, you are sending postals and that is what happened to you today.

In the other hand, I hate blacklists. One of the reasons I can't have a home mail server anymore. My dynamic IP address is blacklisted by SpamHaus, as prevention from those internet users, and as several services use their lists... :roll: a list like surbl ones.
JH2k

PostPosted by antoninus » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 am

JH2k wrote:Another reason to use PGP or GnuPG.

This is true...I'll give it serious consideration.
a list like surbl ones.

Yes, surbl aggregates several other blacklists, so if a url is reported to any of them, it propagates to all the rest.
antoninus

Return to Offtopic