Sims Medieval instal problem

Having trouble playing a game, post here

Sims Medieval instal problem

PostPosted by paulyboy1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi All

I have recently received a computer from the olds and have set it up for my daughter to use.

I wanted to install Sims Medieval on it so I can have my lap top back lol.

Medieval is not recommended for windows 2000 but the install starts and then ends straight away with the error message "Error Number: 0x80040703, Description: Failed to find DLL function: Kernel32.GetUserGeoID, Set-up will now terminate".

I have read through another post where this problem was solved for another game. I am not a computer wiz but have just completed an engineering degree so I believe I can follow instructions. I would dearly love to get this game running if possible. When I start earning some bucks I guess I just upgrade her to a laptop and problem solved but it will be interesting to me to go through some processes and find ways to overcome. I have a younger daughter as well and may be able to keep this computer going for her.

I spent 4 hours trying lots of things tonight to no avail! I have done a complete windows update all 57 of them lol, tried inserting an updated kernell32 and some other programs but they wont work either.

The problem may be too big and that’s fair enough but I will try any suggestions you may have and learn as I go.

Thanks for spending your time in reading this and thanks in advance if you can help.

Cheers
paulyboy1

Re: Sims Medieval instal problem

PostPosted by paulyboy1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:39 pm

I have started to look around the site and have noticed a heap of info available. I just might be able to solve some other problems such as firewall and antivirus for this old beast as well.

My question above was very broad by the looks of it and I will have to be doing some reading and understanding of other programs I gather. If you know where I should be reading and in what order maybe that will help me get to where I want to be faster.

Thanks again
paulyboy1

PostPosted by justjohnny » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 am

Gday mate,

Best thing to do is to read up on how to use Dependency Walker. Then post your DW session files here. Click this link:
Info: Dependency Walker logs (= dwi file)
justjohnny

PostPosted by OldBoy2k » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Hello paulyboy1,

welcome to Win2kgaming forum.Please click the Dependency Walker link posted by justjohnny and run the complete game installation in Dependency Walker profile mode (for example open setup.exe).

BR
OldBoy2k
OldBoy2k

PostPosted by paulyboy1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks Ill get on to it and report back

Thanks for the welcome
paulyboy1

Return to Troubleshooting